Under the Patronage of Her Royal Highness Princess Basma Bint Talal
14th Congress of The Arab Society of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation
The 17th Annual International Conference of the Jordan Society of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation
which is organized by ASNRT In Collaboration with JSNRT, ISN, RCPE and IPNA
between 24-27 April 2019 Le Royal Hotel Amman–Jordan.
Conference Topics: -
1. Diabetes and Diabetic Kidney Disease
Diabetes Mellitus (Clinical)
Diabetic Nephropathy – Biomarkers of Disease
Genetics of Diabetic Kidney Disease
Hypertension and CKD Pathophysiology
Management of Hypertension in CKD: Beyond the Guidelines
CKD and Hypertension Guidelines
Hypertension with Renal Failure Drug of Choice
Use of Diuretics and Antihypertensives in Renal Failure
3. Clinical Nephrology
Cystic Disease: Genetics and Cell Biology, Models, and Experimental Therapies
Glomerulonephritis – Experimental Models
Renal Pathology, Immune and Inflammatory Mechanisms
Primary Glomerular Disease (Clinical)
Secondary Glomerular Disease
Tubulointerstitial Renal Disease
Stones and Urinary Infection
Obesity and the kidneys
ADPKD—Update on Diagnosis, Monitoring Progression and Treatment
Pregnancy and CKD
Supportive Care, including End-of-Life Issues
Clinical Nephrology - General Aspects
Autoimmune Disorders and Kidney Disease
Infection and Renal Disease
HIV – Nephropathy and Other Associated Kidney Lesions
4. Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
Acute Kidney Injury
Biomarkers for Acute Kidney Injury
Acute Renal Failure – Clinical
Acute Kidney Injury – Drugs
Acute Kidney Injury – Pregnancy (Pre-Eclampsia, TMA, HELLP, Other Causes)
Acute Kidney Injury – Update on Dialysis Modalities
Extracorporeal Therapies - Intoxications, Overdoses, Liver Failure, etc
5. Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Acid Base and Electrolyte Abnormalities,
Cardiovascular Complications of CKD 3-5
Chronic Kidney Disease Diagnosis, Classification and Progression
Epidemiology, Outcomes and Health Service Research In CKD
Bone and Mineral Metabolism
Anaemia (CKD 3-5)
6. Kidney Transplantation
Predictors of untoward events: rejection, opportunistic infection
Long-term renal allograft survival
Causes of late allograft failure
Evolution and Clinical Pathologic Correlations of De Novo Donor-Specific HLA Antibody Post Kidney Transplant
Diagnosis of Acute Rejection within and beyond the biopsy
Biomarkers of Acute Rejection
Delayed Graft Function (DGF)
Intermittent Hemodialysis (IHD)
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies (CRRT)
Adequacy of Dialysis
Vascular Access for Dialysis
Scientific Topics: The 2nd IPNA Teaching Course in Clinical Nephrology
- Treatment of complicated and steroid resistant nephrotic syndrome.
- Rituximab in Pediatric Nephrology.
- Genetics and Nephrology.
- Tips in AKI Management.
- Congenital Anomalies of the Kidney and Urinary Tract (CAKUT).
- Stone Disease and Nephrocalcinosis in Pediatric Nephrology.
- Cystic diseases of the Kidney, Nephronophthisis.
- Magnesium: Should we care about it?
- Renal involvement in Vasculitis.
- Management of AMR in Pediatrics.
- Transplant in Patients with congenital malformation of the urinary tract.
- PD in Neonates.
- CAPD vs APD.
- Vascular access in HD, current recommendations in Pediatrics.
- Clinicopathology Session.
- Clinical practice guidelines for screening and management of high BP in children.
- Effects of HDF vs HD on growth.
- CV risk biomarkers in children.
- Thrombotic-Microangiopathy (TMA) in children.
- Eculizumab therapy and aHUS: when to treat and for how long?
- Re-Transplantation in Children.
Profile of Attendance: -
•Nephrologist working in primary care, community care & hospitals
•Vascular, Urology and Transplant Surgeons
•Internal Medicine and Family Medicine Physicians
•Fellows in Pediatrics
Abstract Deadline: February 15, 2019
info [at] jordan-valley.com
Mohammad Ghnaimat, MD, FRCP (Ed), FACP
Senior Consultant Nephrologist
President of Arab Society of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation
President of the Jordanian Society of Nephrology and Transplantation
Chairman of The Middle East International Society of Nephrology (ISN) Board Region